Senate Seeker Announcements
Improvements to debating for next election

Board List | Topic List
From: Sasha | Posted: 7/27/2006 12:03:54 AM User Level: Administrator
Well, the debating system is finally going to be made more realistic for next week.

Right now, preparing for debate helps you in the polls, and actually debating is mainly for fun. This will change. Preparing for debate will no longer boost you in the polls; it will just make you more likely to win debates.

Debating will be changed. If you win a debate, you will get a fairly large boost in the polls depending on many complex factors. In order to prevent "debate spamming" this system is built in such a way that more than one win in any day cannot possibly help you; the rest of the wins won't affect polls.

Losing a debate does not hurt you directly (but it can obviously help your opponent.) Declining a debate, however, will hurt you in the polls, as will letting one sit for too long.

I hope these changes make the game more realistic. They will take effect right after the election.
From: J. Wayne Dub | Posted: 7/27/2006 2:36:43 PM User Level:
Very cool.
From: April Flowers | Posted: 7/27/2006 8:24:26 PM User Level:
Q: How?
By answering consistently?
By reflecting your states views?
By adhering to your party line?
??

----
When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. Gary Lloyd
I have the same questions as above.
From: David Vitter | Posted: 8/13/2006 5:26:03 PM User Level:
I like the Changes so far
----
Chief Justice United States Supreme Court / AIM - ChieffordN1
I will tell you what is coming your brothers fathers aunts uncles and sisters will cry in ahh for you even those who hate and despise you will comort you in your time of need and horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what i think about sasha you are mean, rude, inconciteret. You are an idiot if anybody votes for you they are most likely ill, sick, or drunk!!!!!!! Now quit while you can so you will not be embarrassed bt me!! FOR YOUR SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: C. Wood | Posted: 10/28/2010 5:39:27 PM User Level: New User
Why do I still have 0 percent I played this 2 years ago and I had 71 percent. Whats going on.