Senate Seeker Announcements
Reset delayed one week - to November 18th

Board List | Topic List
From: Sasha | Posted: 11/9/2006 10:46:11 AM User Level: Administrator
The reset will happen then. The fundamental aspects (such as signing up for House/Senate races) will remain the same, although we will still try and reform the bill and committee systems to make them work well for the post-reset period.
From: BiG problem | Posted: 11/9/2006 12:03:56 AM User Level:
thanks for tell us.
From: Thomas Livingston | Posted: 11/9/2006 12:10:43 AM User Level:
Would there be limits on the numbers of accounts one can have?

Would governors continue to exist? If not, I'll have to find a new line of work...
----
Governor Livingston for Governor
From: BiG problem | Posted: 11/9/2006 12:12:17 AM User Level:
I have played many pol. type games in my life and the best setup I have ever seen for committee is limited them and combining .

JUD (Judiciary Committee)
Constitutional Amendments
Interstate Commerce Regulations generally, including banking
Revisions of US Code sections generally
Civil Rights
Federal Courts, including appellate Jurisdiction of Supreme Court
Immigration and Naturalization

SHEL (Science, Health, Education, and Labor Committee)
Subsidies for scientific research
Scientific research generally
Energy regulations and research
Natural resources and conservation generally
Agricultural development
Education generally
Labor generally
Workers' compensation
Welfare and Social Security programs
Medical reforms generally

FRAS (Foreign Relations and Armed Services Committee)
Relations with foreign nations generally
Regulation of armed forces generally
Veterans benefits generally
Millitary applications of nuclear energy
Regulations of foreign commerce, including trade agreements and tariffs, duties, and customs
Foreign aid

AGR (Appropriations and Government Regulations Committee)
Campaign finance laws generally
Various reorganizations in the executive branch of the Government
Relationship of the Federal Government to the States and municipalities generally
Holidays and celebrations
Resolutions
Appropriations generally
Subsidies generally
Financial aide generally
Budget issues
Taxation changes
From: BiG problem | Posted: 11/9/2006 12:22:46 AM User Level:
I will add some great rules I found about bill in game I use to play that might help in this game

Please place all bills for consideration by the House of Representatives in this forum, and ensure that they are properly formatted. The best way to ensure this is done correctly is to try and emulate the formatting style used in real-life bills, which can be found at the THOMAS Library of Congress.

Bills will ordinarily remain in the Hopper for a minimum of seven days, for the collection of co-sponsors. After those seven days or so, bills will be moved to a committee regardless of how many co-sponsors it has collected, if any. The Speaker retains discretion to bring matters of urgency to the Floor of the House even if the full seven days has not been given for co-sponsorship collection. A schedule will be kept regularly updated to keep track of when bills were introduced and will be moved into committee.

Please ensure your list of co-sponsors for each bill is kept up to date as much as possible.

Ordinarily, bills will be moved from the Hopper to a Committee after the bill has received its Bill Number. Co-sponsors may continue to add themselves up until the bill has been brought up for consideration by either the Committee, or by the full House, whichever occurs first.

All bills must include a "Plain Language" explanation of what the bill's purpose and function are, out of courtesy to those members who are not members of the Bar. If such a section is lacking, Committees are authorized to consider the bill anyway, and amend the bill to include such a section of their drafting - however, they are not obligated to do so. As an author, it is to your advantage not to give the Committees an excuse to kill your bill.

The Plain Language requirement may be waived at the discretion of the Speaker, but it will only be waived when the contents of the bill are so obvious that such a requirement would be duplicitive of the text of the bill itself. Bills that lack the Plain Language Section may be subject to a Point of Order on the Floor of the House, and will be rejected on that basis if they are in violation.

There will be NO debating of bills in the Hopper. You may ask a "Technical Question" ("TQ"), but such questions should relate to interpretation of the bill, and not to whether the bill would be good or bad overall. Similarly, answers to TQs must be prefaced with "Technical Answer", or "TA". If it becomes clear that a debate is taking place, you risk receiving an admin warning.
From: BiG problem | Posted: 11/9/2006 12:25:08 AM User Level:
great rules for committies also

example

Rules
The Chair shall be addressed as "Mr. Chair" or Mr.Chairman"
Every Representative shall end any comments or motions with "I Yield"
Debate shall remain civil, courteous, and on topic
Debate shall last 72 hours.
Final voting shall last 48 hours.
Voting on motions shall last for 24 hours.
The Chair reserves the right to extend debate time for up to 24 hours unless the question has been called
The Chair reserves the right to extend vote time on bills or motions for up to 24 hours
From: Gordon Brown | Posted: 11/9/2006 2:22:04 PM User Level:
I think a feature which should happen in game is that the President has to respond to events made by a mod everyday to make it more realistic, otherwise the President does nothing really.